Monday, July 20, 2009

The Michael Thurman Six Week Body Makeover and My Fat Stomach



The Six Week Body Makeover will help me lose fat. However, I am not fat. My stomach and chest are fat. I've been on a junk-food binge lately and it's starting to show. I read about the body makeover and how you are able to lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks. I wouldn't consider myself a fat person per se, but I do have a fat stomach.

I blame delicious cheeseburgers, shakes, french fries AND BEER. Sigh...I can't live without these things and eat them on a daily basis. However, I look at my stomach and feel embarrassed. I'm only 26 years old and I have a beer belly...this sucks! So I've decided to participate in this Michael Thurman diet program and am planning on getting a flatter stomach.

I ended up buying the program off of Craigslist for about $50 (it was used)...it costs about $129 bucks online and I didn't want to pay that much for a diet program that I might not even use. However, I read that if you do buy it from the dealer that you can return it for the price of shipping (which is $20 frickin' bucks!).

Oh well, I'm stuck with this huge box of information and don't know what to do with it. I took the body blueprint quiz and found out that I'm a Body Type C. I think many people have body type c because I typed this into Google and found a ton of search results with people that have the same type of body. The results are pretty accurate because it says that I'm muscular (I'm pretty muscular) and that it's easy for me to build muscle (this is true). However, I do not metabolize food fast enough to lose all the weight I want.

The only thing I didn't agree with is that I do not want to have too much muscle. Of course I want muscle! I do agree that the more muscle I have, the more I can eat without feeling guilty about my eating choices. This wouldn't be a problem, but I don't work out as much as I eat. Let me rephrase that, I don't work out enough to compensate for all the crappy food that I eat. If I learned to eat healthy, then I wouldn't have to work out as hard.

So that's why I bought the program. This program is relatively cheap compared to the South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. I just bought it to get an idea of what types of foods I should eat and have a strict eating diet. I think if I had a set plan, I could lose weight.

So the next step is to plan out my diet and see if I can stick to it. I'm actually pretty excited about losing belly fat. For those who want to see my fat stomach, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post (be warned!). Well, that's all for now, I will update my Six Week Body Makeover progress in my next post.


My fat stomach - I warned you! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment