Tuesday, July 28, 2009

6 Week Body Makeover - Update 1



6 Week Body Makeover - Update

It's been the first week of my Michael Thurmond Makeover experience and I have not seen any process yet. The reason is because I started to stray off the diet already and ended up eating some fatty foods that I shouldn't have eaten.

Here are the highlights of what I did last week.

I went to the gym once and lifted arms and shoulder last Monday. Tuesday I took a break. Wednesday I went for a 2 mile run around the lake. Thursday and Friday I did push ups and sit ups but didn't go to the gym. Saturday was a rest day and Sunday I played 2 1/2 hours of sand volleyball.

Like I said, my food choices were not that good because on Monday I ate nachos and a whole bag of cheese, Friday I had two sandwiches and chips and a lot of alcohol. Thursday I ate a double cheeseburger with fries. The rest of the days I think I ate pretty healthy.

The hard part about my eating habits is that I'm very impulsive, when I feel like I want to eat something fatty, I have no self control and want to eat it.

Anyways, here is what I'm going to try and eat for this week, according to my Michael Thurman meal plan. I'm a body type C and I'm going to customize my own plan because I think that there isn't enough food for me to feel satisfied according to the Fast Track Menu Cards.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 2 vegetarian sausage patties

Snack: a piece of chicken

Lunch: Double Boca Burger with salad

Afternoon Snack: can of tuna

Dinner: Salad with chicken

No late night snack for me

I don't really like to eat fruit so I might cut this out of my diet and I plan on eating a lot of salad (spinach) and frozen veggies. When I say "piece of chicken" I mean I bought a whole rotisserie style chicken and I eat 2 oz of it as a snack.

I haven't felt all that hungry these days but I know I need to eat every meal so my metabolism increases.

So far I went running for my exercise and ran about 1.5 miles. Today I'm planning on playing tennis and if I have any energy I plan on going to the gym and lifting light weight.

I will continue to update this blog as I start losing weight. The 6 Week Body Makeover challenge has started and so far I'm losing. haha


2 comments:

  1. I hate to say this, but if you don't follow it, it won't work. I lost 39 pounds in one week with E. You have to eat fruit in all his plans. I would suggest following the complete meal plan: one protein, one fat, one fast carbohydrate, one slow carbohydrate every meal. Good luck. If you stick with it just one week, you will see a difference. If you have 2 cheat days a week, it might keep you on track better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say this, but if you don't follow it, it won't work. I lost 39 pounds in one week with E. You have to eat fruit in all his plans. I would suggest following the complete meal plan: one protein, one fat, one fast carbohydrate, one slow carbohydrate every meal. Good luck. If you stick with it just one week, you will see a difference. If you have 2 cheat days a week, it might keep you on track better.

    ReplyDelete